Tuesday 17 May 2011

The Middle of Week Crazy

Usually Wednesday is  hump day, the half way point... for me that half way point is tonight!  The middle of a 4 day "craze-a-thon"!!
In an effort to support my BFF Jules in her journey to become healthier, I signed her up for 2 free drop in Boot Camp classes at Fitness 360 with BeautyFit... I did ask her... after she was committed to doing it heehees!! But I'm a super good friend and was not going to make her go it alone... so I signed myself up too... eeeeesh! What was I thinking??? I already have boot camp two times a week and I have my resistance training two times a week... not to mention all the additional time I spend doing cardio both at the gym and out with my family!!! 2 extra boot camps???? Well sure! Bring it on!! See I'm tough like that...

Monday, half way through my session with Lisa I starting thinking "Hey what the heck is wrong with me?" it was like my arms were made of lead... I couldn't seem to understand why all of a sudden the weights had become so dang ... heavy!! So I gave Lisa this big confused look and said... "WTH???" to which she replied "Jenna, one thing you need to know about me is that I am going to challenge you EVERY SINGLE TIME, we're here to make you stronger, it makes no sense to sit at the same level week after week"... yeah big "DUH" moment for me... but come on it's 7 a.m. on a Monday, my muscles are working but my brain isn't up yet! So okay, fine she's gonna push me... I'm sure this has nothing to do with Sam ratting me and Crystal out for "coasting" on the treadmill... Really, this is how training works and I get it... and I'm all in, so bring it Lisa!! Jeesh my chest and shoulders are killing me... I can feel muscles I didn't know I even had!!
Later on in the day I read a post from "Sargent Compton" saying she's gonna have us outside for camp that night... WHAT?!?!?!?! In the rain?? Mud??? Ummmm, It's COLD out there??? Those could have been my responses but as Sam would say "2 words... BOOT CAMP" so I thought, okay bring it... plus, I  had 3 friends coming, I can't wuss out. To be honest I don't really mind being outside, you don't get hot and faint, and that hour usually flies right on by!
Sam was in fine form, and these ladies brought game, no one puked, no one ran away and I gotta say my girls, Jules, Kay and Lisa really did a great job! We got dirty as hell but it was fun!!
My big win for the night was what is driving the rest of this week for me! Every one who knows me, can tell you I hate my wiggly giggly flappy arms!!! I'm a hair stylist and I point cut every dang day... do you know what your arm looks like held up at head level and moving back and forth in tiny jerky movements??? I do, cuz I get the pleasure of seeing it everyday in a huge mirror! What's worse is that I have to subject my poor unsuspecting clients to such a terrifying scene!! If I've every done your hair, please accept my most sincere apology!! xoxo But this will also tell you that I have weak arms... really weak! So when Sam says push ups, my lil heart breaks a lil bit every time!! I do the modified ones... yep, on my knees! They bruise too and it hurts, but like I said, weak arms! But I have friends at this camp and I don't want look weak! I don't want them to see Sam yell at me either! Heehees!! So when she said drop and give me 10 push ups I thought "okay Jenna, put on your big girl panties and do the military push ups" (I said this in my friend Amanda's voice, cuz she's funny) and I did... I DID!! The last one came with 2 little tears, not from exertion although there was that! From Joy!! Yeah I said it! If you're reading this thinking "she did 10 push ups and cried" you drop right now and do 10!! Heehees, no I get it. It really isn't that big a deal to most people, but this is the first time EVER that I have been able to do it and I did it TWICE!!! I'm getting all weepy-eyed just writing about it! It's the little wins that keep me going, especially in a week like this one! So I'm ready for boot camp tonight, and tomorrow and the next night too! Hopefully when I see Lisa on Wednesday I'm a little more on the ball because I know she's gonna be!

No comments:

Post a Comment