Tuesday 20 September 2011

ON MY OWN!

Hello my friends... long time no write... well there are a couple of reasons for that, the first being I have been crazy busy!! I've also been so focused on life I wasn't sure how to tell you all about it!
I'm well into my 3rd week of on-line training with Sandra (Sam) Compton of BeautyFit (www.beautyfit.com). No one said this was going to be easy and it certainly hasn't been... but for different reasons than I expected.
You may or may not know that I have a 3 year old daughter, and because I work for myself out of my home doing hair I am home full time with her. This has worked well for us, but she's become a bit spoiled because of it... ooops! One of the biggest challenges I've had to face is getting Kerrigan (Keeker) on board with my new training schedule. She is also attending day care for the first time! This was a HUGE deal for her!!! Well in the spirit of honesty, it was me that was the problem (I just didn't know it!) Keeker flat out told me she would not be going to day care! Period! So now what?? Well we went for a "visit" and she was a bit scared, I had to let go a little and let her see for her self that it was gonna be FUN!! Goodlife has a great set up for the day care, and the teachers are fantastic... they even give the kids their own memberships so they feel like they're really important!
I Got my OWN membership!

Now that we're in week 3 and nicely settled into our routine things are going much smoother... I'm still "dealing" with some other small challenges... like finding the proper equipment... I'll admit to bbm-ing Sam late one night because I couldn't find the dang Assisted Pull Up machine... sheesh!
I'm also having a bit of an issue with what time of day works best for what I'm doing... for example, I've learned that doing my training between 5 and 10 pm is HORRIBLE!!! It's great because I can go with my husband and we get to hang out doing what I enjoy, but the gym is ridiculously busy and it's next to impossible to get my stuff done. So I either do it directly after my am cardio or later at night... either way works for me so this was pretty easy to deal with!
Its always funny to me that the things I worry about leading up to a "change" are never the things that are "issues"...  and things I never expected to happen, like Keeker LOVING day care and my husband working out me (which is a whole blog post in itself... it's coming) are the biggest surprises! Life is good, even with challenges!

No comments:

Post a Comment