Thursday 20 October 2011

AB DAY!!!

Everyone has that part of the body they wanna focus on... and while it's true you can't really "spot train" you can still have a favourite work out. In my case it's ABS!! I love love love working abdominal muscles! It's also the work out that causes me the most pain about a day and a half later, but I don't care... I still freakin' LOVE training my abs!
You may not know this but having conditioned abdominal muscles isn't just "pretty", I mean yeah we all want that flat tummy, but it's also hugely beneficial to your health to have a lean middle! Seriously! Did you know that getting rid of that spare tire also lessens your risk for cancer? Yep! True story!!  That's not it either... how many of you suffer from poor balance, sore back or less than desirable stamina? Tighten that TUMMY! For real this is no joke, once you strengthen your core the world is your oyster!
There are a ton of ways to work your abs too, it's sooo easy to get a good ab workout, but I'll share mine with you because it's wicked awesome, and like Sam of BeautyFit alwasy says... "pay it forward"... Check it out, and give it a try>>>

I've included some pics for you as demo, which I took at home because I am not yet ready to ask random strangers at the gym to take my picture while in strange positions... hee hee!

First let me tell you that I do abs twice a week, on Monday (with my Back workout) and on Wednesday on it's own, AND I always do it with my cardio burn 500!

I have 4 different exercises that I do in sets of 20 (bicycles and hip dips I do 20 on each side totalling 40) 3 times. I do not break between each exercise, I do all for consecutively and rest between the 3 sets.

Leg raises: lay flat on your back place your hands under your bum or lower back and raise your feet up perpendicular to the floor then lower but don't let your heels touch the floor, they should be about 2 inches off the floor.









Bicycles: lay flat pull up into the crunch position bringing the knees up in a 90 degree angle. Put hands behind your head and alternate touching elbows to opposing knees.









Hip Dips: lay in a side  plank position and lower hip to floor, than raise up, keeping the core tight and controlled, back straight!









Captain'sChair with a medicine ball: - side note, when Sam sent me this training program and I read this, I laughed, sent a text message to my cousin telling her what I was going to do, she laughed... really hard, then I asked Sam if she was trying to kill me and she replied... "no breaks between sets" and I'm sure she was laughing too... you really should have seen Jim when he took this photo... he laughed too... Jerks! - okay so you're going to get into the captain's Chair and raise your knees up so you're in a seated position, with a medicine ball between your knees... you decide the weight, my advice don't be a hero!

So there you have it folks... that is my Ab work out and it's my fave... but remember, The great Jimmy Mentis once posted on facebook (quoted from somebody smart) "Great Abs are made in the kitchen", so keep your meals clean too!

No comments:

Post a Comment