Sunday 19 June 2011

Race Day


WOW! What an amazing day it's been already! If you've been reading along as I take this journey to a stronger, healthier me... you'll know that running has been a goal of mine. When I took those first steps to the new me back in March I set a goal to run a 3km race next summer... sometimes things don't go as planned... sometimes they're better!! I ran my very first race today, June 19th, 2011... that's more than a year early!!!
I can't even begin to tell you how freakin' scary it was to agree to do this (2 weeks prior to the race), but I believed in myself because I had so many amazing people standing behind me believing in me already!
So I ran today... not a 3km, but a 5km... yep a 5KM!!! and it felt amazing! As I was coming back into University Stadium to run my final 355 metres I was greeted by the cheers and smiles of the most supportive and loving women... I am so lucky to have these beautiful ladies in my life... Sheryl Gatzke the runner who inspired me and pushed me to run this race NOW, Crystal Cox, my soul sister and partner in this challenge and Sandra (Sam) Compton, my trainer and life saver. I immediately broke into tears, I was so happy and over come with emotion, that these ladies care so much about me that they would come out and make this that much more special for me was incredible... but I had to keep running... I still had to cross that finish line. While bawling and trying to keep breathing, I pass by the 2 paramedics and all I can think is "please dear God do not ask if I'm okay"... I'm pretty sure I looked ready to die... Just as I get it together from that I see my husband and 2 beautiful children cheering and waving... well I'm done, Imma sobbing mess, but who the heck cares I can see the finish line and I'm almost there... so I book it and just go for it... the time on the clock 37.22, my chip time 36.17... a personal best! I ran 5km today and beat my personal best... I rock like crazy!!!
Sheryl ran 5km in this race also and finished at 27 mins... WOW!! and Lisa Nosal, my super strong and beautiful trainer ran the 10km in 58 mins... HOLY CRAP! These ladies are great roll models for this new runner!! ... HA! I'm a RUNNER!!
Sherly, Sam and I... BeautyFuel'd!

Sheryl, Lisa and I... RUNNERS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment