Sunday 24 July 2011

The Dilemma of the "Little Black Dress"

This is the part I should be excited about, this is supposed to be the fun part... shopping!! Yay!! Right?... um no! I have no idea what size I am, I have no idea what will look good on me... I feel like a fashionably challenged child... which is almost worse than shopping in the fat section!
So Sam gave Crystal (Have you been following her blog on the BeautyFit website???) and I the "mission" of finding ourselves a little black dress... oooohhhh no! Where am I even supposed to go?? I have been looking forward to shopping for sooooo long and now that the time has come.... yeeeesh!
My loving and supportive friend Amanda (who's blog you should also check out on the beautyFit Website) offered to come along with me, she's a great friend and shopping partner because she gets what I'm dealing with... she's been there... her words to me: “Don't worry I've cried in many dressing rooms, I'll have tissue ready! I got your back or your boogers... what ever you need!” sheesh I love her! But the fact is< I know my first few trips out will be wondering around stores like a lost zombie... and no one needs to be put through that torture!

I actually got a bone thrown to me on the “little black dress” though... while doing my PM Cardio with the lovely Sandra (Sam) Compton on Friday night I remembered this little GREEN dress I have... I love green!! LOVE LOVE LOVE and I loved this dress... a few years back... so I described it to Sam and thought maybe I'd try it on... even though I make it a point to NEVER EVER enter that side of my closet... the thin side... the forbidden side!

I'm so much braver at home, in the safety of my own bedroom, with no sales clerks and no florescent lighting... IT FIT!! I couldn't believe it... it fit and it fit better than it did the last time I wore it... over 4 years ago... I was thinking it looked pretty good, but I'm still a little insecure and I needed an honest opinion... so I had my husband take a picture and I sent it to Sam... her response “HOLY F@#K”... to which I had a mini melt down... “WHAT?????” was my response...



apparently she was impressed, she like it, and said I needn't shop unless I wanted to... WHEW!!! Saved!!! And my esteem just flew straight up... I'm feeling like a million bucks...

Until Saturday morning when I woke up and realized I'm a huge wuss! I mean really I'm a CHICK! I have the need to shop coursing through my BLOOD! I won't be scared off by some little florescent light bulb or some bubbly sales clerk or whatever!!!

SO... out I go, ready to shop... nope... I still have NO IDEA what I'm doing out there... my confidence is better but I still have a lot to learn! There is always going to a hurdle and I'm not always gonna know “how” to handle it, but I WILL be able to! That is what is important! That is what matters, I CAN do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment