Tuesday 19 July 2011

Protect the HOUSE!

Ever hear the term "The body is your temple.  Keep it pure and clean for the soul to reside in."  ~B.K.S. Iyengar, or "The human body is the only machine for which there are no spare parts."  ~Hermann M. Biggs  or "Be good to your body, it's the only place you have to live."  ~Jim Rohn, or how about "To keep the body in good health is a duty... otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear."  ~Buddha????? I could go on all day, but the point is,  We've all said stuff like this or at least thought it... but have we ever really heeded this advice? I mean seriously, how often do we take the time or money and invest in ourselves? If your kitchen needed reno's you'd do them, if your lawn needed mowing you'd do that too, if the basement flooded you'd call a professional to fix the leak... so why not do reno's on your body, maintain your body, ask a professional to help fix your body? Oh sure, it'll cost money... so does all that work around the house! And yeah it's gonna take time... but so does all that house work!  But ask yourself this question, who cares if you have the most beautiful house on the street, or the fastest ride on the road if you're dead? I know, I know "Wow, Jenna, harsh much?!?!" But seriously, think about it! We spend so much time and money on the "things" in our lives rather than on our bodies and that is just plain crazy!
Did you know that simply by being over weight you are putting yourself at risk for:  
  • Heart disease and stroke.
  • High blood pressure.
  • Diabetes.
  • Cancer.
  • Gallbladder disease and gallstones.
  • Osteoarthritis.
  • Gout.
  • Breathing problems, such as sleep apnea (when a person stops breathing for a short time during sleep) and asthma.
And every single ones of these risks can and will lead to death... so I guess I'm not so harsh after all huh? What's even more  crazy is that I'm willing to bet that every single person who is reading this right now, has a close family member who has suffered from at least one of the above! Still think I was being dramatic? Let me put it a different way... when you buy a house, you get an inspection... after you look at and scrutinise it like crazy. When you buy a car, you test drive it and have a mechanic check it out. Hell if you get a dog, you research the breeder and get a vet to check the pup out... now in every single one of those cases if you were told that there were major problems, would you still purchase???? Now do you think death is a major problem?  NEED I SAY MORE???
I started this whole process because I wanted to be healthier... but I didn't really get how serious my problems were... so when people ask me what motivates me to keep at it, or how do I do it... It's pretty simple... I GOTTA PROTECT MY HOUSE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment