Thursday 14 July 2011

Thinkin' you can't?

All through this challenge I've listened to so many people tell me why they just can't do what I'm doing... I say "pfft! YES YOU CAN!!"  I've heard every single excuse there is... and to be honest a few months ago I would have used a lot of them myself... truth is, you're right if you think you "can't" do it! There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that you WILL fail! Why? Because you started your statement with "I Can't"! That stupid little word, "can't" has been destroying lives for ever. In fact my very first email to Sam way back in February was very much so a "Can't" statement. Luckily for me she just ignored me... and she never takes me seriously when she's beating the hell outta me in boot camp and I cry out "I can't"... Lisa's the same way when I tell her "I can't" she says "C'mon Jenna you got this, YES YOU CAN" and I'm so grateful I have trainers/coaches that have no problem calling bullsh*t when they hear it. The bottom line is I can do it, I will do it and they know it as well as I do... I just need to be reminded... Cuz I don't even believe me when I say "I can't" I mean, look at all the things I CAN do... 

I can whip a huge heavy rope around like crazy,  and you have no idea how long a minute will last while doing this...







I can do susides until I almost die for real... even tethered to Amanda (and she's a freakin' Machine)




I can lift weights and believe me Lisa NEVER lets me off the hook, I finish EVERY set and the weights ALWAYS get heavier... never nice and light!

and do crunches... until laughing becomes a very dangerous activity... because my abs are burning!

I can even flip tractor tires and do walking lunges with car tires around my neck... Which I got a lot of flack for, I might add! Yeah I'm hard core!
ANNNNND I can do push ups... On my toes... YIPPY!

I like to whine and complain about what Sam does to us in Boot Camp and what Lisa does to me in training... I say I'm being beaten, and hammered and killed... in reality they are pushing each and every one of us to our own personal goals! When you really want the change, the life style, the benefits... your goals change daily, that bar gets raised each time you reach it, and a good trainer or coach is right there on the same page "coaching" and "training" you to do better each time. They'll tell you, just like I'm telling you.. YOU CAN DO IT!

Anyone can do this... I'm not special or extra strong. I'm not impervious to pain (sheesh I hurt all the time) and I don't have some sick compulsion to be covered in sweat, tears and RubA535... I'm just me, a former fat chick who decided to say "I CAN"... and I am. Who are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment