Tuesday 12 July 2011

Time is tight... but so are my muscles!

Summer is a busy time for me and my family, so it ain't easy fitting extra work outs and extra gym time in. I've become a custom to a certain level of fitness and a "day  off" isn't an option... because I don't want to take a day off! But what do I do if I can't get into the gym or get out for a run or bike ride? I use what I have at home! I have a heavy bag, exercise ball, some dumb bells and a home gym... this does the trick when I'm stuck at the house... and the kids LOVE to watch and cheer me on!
 Thanks to my training with Lisa Nosal I know how to use this crazy contraption effectively!  Here I'm working my quads and lifting 80lbs, 3 sets of 15 reps.  Below I'm pulling 60lbs, 3 sets of 15 reps... it's a lot harder to do this without Lisa standing there pushing me... but that's what this is all about... pushing myself!


I'm not gonna lie... I LOVE to punch Sh*t! I've had this heavy bag for years... but it's only in the last few weeks that its been getting used and abused the way it should be! Sam has taught me how to properly beat the hell outta this bad boy and I do... almost every day... and I LOVE IT! It's not just a work out it's a tension releaser! My 3 year old daughter likes to sit on the couch back and yell "GO MOMMY GO MOMMY" the entire time I'm hitting... and I really love that too!



It's no secret that the reason I got fat, was laziness... and the insane amount of excuses I had about why I couldn't get fit... I lied to myself... and to everyone else... Getting fit isn't hard, not really. It's all about being open to change and accepting of it too! I went from sitting on the couch, watching tv and eating ice cream to turning a corner of my basement into my own personal gym where I'd much rather spend that time, and it didn't hurt at all! My idea of a relaxing break is no longer hitting the nearest Tim Horton's for an Iced Cap and a few cigarettes, it's hitting World gym for a boot camp, resistance training  or just to work on one of the cardio machines... Now when I look in the mirror, my thoughts are "look how great I'm doing!" not "how the heck did this happen to my body?" and when I eat I make damn sure the food I put into this body/machine is gonna make it run efficiently and effectively, so ice cream is off the list, and saved for a special treat!

This 12 week challenge has changed me in sooooo many ways, but I cannot seem to find one negative... not one!

No comments:

Post a Comment